The Justice Foundation of West Michigan, the charitable arm of the GRBA, is a private foundation which serves the community through the funding of programs that promote or provide legal services to the disadvantaged, improve the administration of justice, and educate the public about core democratic values. The JFWM is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible.
The JFWM provides legal services to the disadvantaged by . . .
- Funding support for legal assistance to migrant workers and others who would otherwise not be served.
- Providing brochures to parents navigating the juvenile justice system.
- Offering continuing support to the Legal Assistance Center (LAC), a program designed to help citizens protect and assert their legal rights.
The JFWM helps educate the public about core democratic values by . . .
- Funding support to the Michigan Center for Civic Education.
- Supporting the Michigan High School Mock Trial Tournament.
- Co-sponsoring the Newspapers in Education program of the Grand Rapids Press, a program that helps to educate youth on democracy, freedom, and the U.S. Constitution.
- Supporting GRBA programs such as Constitution Day and Ask-the-Lawyer
The JFWM improves the administration of justice by . . .
- Providing support to programs such as a mental illness seminar for judges.
- Providing legal resources to update the library at the Justice for Our Neighbors clinic, which helps immigrants and refugees.
- Helping the Federal Bar Association provide scholarships so that more lawyers may sharpen their skills at the Hillman Advocacy Program
"To serve the West Michigan public and legal community through the funding of programs that promote or provide legal services to the disadvantaged, improve the administration of justice, and educate the public about core democratic values."