Member and Community Recognition
The Grand Rapids Bar Association, with the Cooley Law School and the Federal Bar Association, presents member and community awards. The recipients will be awarded at the Law Day Luncheon and Awards Ceremony on April 30, 2014. All nominations are due by March 10, 2014.
Donald R. Worsfold Distinguished Service Award - Nomination Form
This award recognizes a member of the Grand Rapids Bar Association for a career of service to the Bar, the profession, and the community. This award is presented when the Association wishes to acknowledge and honor the contributions of a member whose service stands out for its extraordinary impact on the life of the community.
This award is given annually to recognize special contributions by a GRBA member in service and/or support to the GRBA Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, and Executive Director. Nominations are sought from the officers, trustees and staff who are required to submit a statement supporting the nomination and addressing the criteria. The Executive Committee reviews the nominations and makes a recommendation to the trustees who will select the recipient.
This awards honors a non-lawyer or a non-profit organization that has made an outstanding contribution to the cause of justice or advancing public understanding of the Constitution and our legal system. The purpose of the Award is to recognize community service that has raised awareness in American’s Justice System by:
- Promoting a better understanding of our Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Encouraging greater respect for law and the courts.
- Stimulating a deeper sense of individual responsibility so those citizens recognize their duties as well as their rights.
- Contributing to the effective functioning of our institutions of government.
- Fostering a better understanding and appreciation of the rule of law.
Past Award Winners
Click here to see a list of past award winners.