Job Openings at the Grand Rapids Bar Association
POSITION: Membership & Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA: Non-exempt - Full-time
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. They will be required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other duties to fulfill the mission of the Association.
The Membership & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for member recruitment, engagement, and retention as well as the marketing of the Grand Rapids Bar Association (GRBA). The Membership & Marketing Coordinator is the primary owner for membership in identifying opportunities to meet membership goals by implementing recruitment and retention strategies and increasing member and sponsor engagement. In addition, the Coordinator is responsible for developing the marketing plan and executing it to effectively increase GRBA’s brand and awareness with prospective members and sponsors. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and also provides support to the day-to-day operations of the association, including program logistics support and administrative duties. This position requires a high level of initiative, good judgment, professionalism, creativity and leadership, as well as the ability to effectively execute to a 3-5 year strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Member and Sponsor Relations:
- Track and manage members by generating regular reports that include membership statistics and financial statistics, member surveys, member satisfaction, participation and attendance at Bar events and programs. These reports will then be reviewed by the Executive Director.
- Manage sponsors to increase sponsor member engagement through outreach and marketing.
- Primary contact for members during the all phases of the membership life cycle.
- Manage member-based programs to include:
▫ GRBA/Young Lawyers Section peer mentoring program - primary contact for mentoring requests, providing direction, deployment, and recruiting members and mentors
▫ Assist with membership meetings and new attorney orientations/trainings
▫ CLE Programs
▫ Annual Meeting
▫ Minority Clerkship Program
▫ GRBA/JFWM Holiday Party
▫ GRBA Golf Outing.
- Process and respond to new membership applications and cancellations.
- Work with the membership committee to develop and execute membership recruitment and retention programs to ensure that association’s strategic membership goals are met.
- Develop and execute marketing plan. Actively use the website, written publications and social media to communicate and engage GRBA members. To include developing, creating, and updating content for:
▫ website & blogs
▫ Social marketing channels (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
▫ Direct marketing and communications collateral (eBriefs and Newsletters)
▫ Update and communicate marketing dashboard and metrics reports for regular updates to Marketing Committee, Executive Director, and Board of Directors
- Execute program/event logistics which can include:
▫ Vendor management (solicit estimates, vendor selection, contracts, invoices, and payment).
▫ Program promotion, including program information content on website & emails
- Ensure speaker needs (A/V, room setup, materials, etc.), compensation, and travel or lodging arrangements are coordinated.
- Program evaluation and follow-up.
- Ticket sales, track enrollments, follow up with Executive Director and membership committee to develop course correction to increase attendance in accordance to program goals.
- Manage program registration prior to and on day of event. Anticipate and implement needed logistics, anticipate possible barriers to a successful event, identify alternatives and problem-solve.
- General database management (GRBA membership database, peer group database, community calendar, GRBA Linked In group and e-mail marketing.
- Work closely with bookkeeping to reconcile monthly dues billing and receipt reports.
- Prepare reports, memos, event correspondence and flyers as well as other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or presentation software.
- Select, train, motivate and provide direction to interns and volunteers, as needed.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, processes, and decrease turnaround times.
- Provide updates and changes to electronic and printed directory.
- Maintain Association membership and prospect databases.
Bachelor’s Degree and marketing content development and/or communications experience preferred. Experience in digital, web, or social marketing. Work requires an extensive knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language. Excellent interpersonal skills across a range of contacts including high-level managing partners, speakers, members, vendors, staff, and volunteers. Includes effectively employing tact, integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and flexibility.
Demonstrated PC-computer skills and well versed with a variety of software packages for word processing, spreadsheets and database management. Email marketing and web content management experience preferred. Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work. Work required continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and meeting deadlines.
Candidate must have strong organizational, time management and planning skills with the proven ability to re-prioritize as needed using sound judgment and considering budget and timeframes. Maintain a high degree of professionalism, especially when working under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities.
Download the Job Description
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3, 2015.