The Grand Rapids Bar Association offers a File By Fax Service to file documents with the 17th Circuit Court and Probate Court, and Circuit Court ADR Offices. This service is available to members and non-members.
- Motions (all Motions with fee and motion card, please see fees)
- Witness and Exhibit Lists
- Notice Hearings
- Objections (with fee in Probate Court)
Prior to transmitting to the GRBA’s File by Fax Service:
- All documents must be on court approved forms.
- All documents must be accompanied by a completed Transmittal Form and completed Credit Card Payment Form.
- Indicate the precise destination for documents (there will be a fee for re-delivery).
- Do not fax duplicate copies. The GRBA staff will make photocopies as necessary.
First Page: $5.00
Each Additional Page: $2.00
First Page: $8.00
Each Additional Page: $3.00
Fees do not apply to the Transmittal Page and Credit Card Payment Page.
Court Filing FeesThe GRBA will accept forms requiring a court filing fee. The fees assessed by the County Clerk’s Office, and an additional GRBA processing fee ($5.00 for Motions and $10.00 for other documents that require a court filing fee) will be charged to the account provided on the Credit Card Payment Form.
Mailed confirmation $2.00, if email confirmation is sufficient please include your e-mail address on the transmittal form.
File By Fax Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
9:00am to 3:30pm (EST)
Memorial Day through Labor Day
9:00am to 3:30pm
9:00am to Noon (EST)
File By Fax service will be unavailable on all national Holidays, New Year’s Eve, Presidents Day, and all Court Holidays.
The GRBA office may have altered hours during late December/early January or due to inclimate weather.
Call the GRBA office to confirm program availability.
Check the GRBA website for special Holiday hours.
File By Fax Contact Information
Please contact the GRBA with any questions.